Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu dedicated the newly developed Deen Dayalu Coach to the nation at a simple programme held at New Delhi Railway Station today i.e. on 19.07.2016. Minister of State for Railways & Minister of State for Communications (Independent Charge) Shri Manoj Sinha andMinister of State for Railways Shri Rajen Gohain were speciallypresent to grace the occasion. Member Mechanical, Railway Board Shri Hemant Kumar, General Manager, Northern Railway Shri A. K. Puthia, Divisional Railway Manager, Delhi Division Shri Arun Arora and other Railway Board Members and senior officials of Northern Railway were among those present on the occasion.
The introduction of Deen Dayalu coaches was announced by Shri Suresh Prabhu in Rail Budget 2016-17. In compliance to Budget commitment, first Deen Dayalu Coach No. SR16418 has been manufactured by Integral Coach Factory/Chennai. Following additional amenities have been provided in Deen Dayalu coach:
· Water filtration system to provide potable water.
· Provision of cushioned luggage racks.
· Provision of additional hand hold in doorway area.
· Provision of coat hooks.
· Provision of bio-toilets.
· Toilet occupation indication display board.
· Enhanced mobile charging facility.
· LED lights.
· Fire extinguishers with anti-theft arrangement.
· Enhanced capacity dustbins.
· Water level indicator
· Interior paneling with Aluminium composite panels.
· Exterior painting with orange color bands (Z-shaped) and Anti-Graffiti coating.
In the current year, around 700 number of Deen Dayalu coaches have been planned for manufacturing and putting them into service. Though the facilities have been enhanced, however, fares have been kept same.